Old 02-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Joel

"Kathy" wrote in newsu%Re.7426$UI.6488@okepread05:

Sorry but if you have Chlorinmine you will have dead fish. They tried
that in our city a few years back, and many fish people had to start
over from scratch if they didn't treat every bit of water. It just
doesn't go away on it's own like the chlorine will, if you leave it
out for a day or only add a small amount at a time. My son in San
Francisco says they even told them not to give it to the pets, when
they started to put it in the water. He says if it is bad for fish,
birds, dogs and cats, he sure isn't going to drink it! But then other
places people say it doesn't matter and they like it fine. So I guess
you need to check with other fish people or city people, and see how
it is going with them. Or call your Vet if you have a dog or
cat.KathyAZ wrote in message
ups.com...
I didn't realize the evaporation amount is so high. I have two
barrels
one pouring into another, around 40 gallons. From the sun and drops
that splashed out, I have to top about 2 gallons a day.

I plan to replenish water via my drip system for the plants. It will
be tap water but it will drip out to replenish the water. Will it be
OK? I think we have chlorinmine. I only plan to use it during
10-14 day vacations.

What about I place a big tub of water in a seperate container and use
a siphon hose to equalize the water so the evaporation have as much
impact?

Does anyone have ideas for an auto top off system that won't cost too
much?

Although are water is colrinated over here, by the time it gets to the
house, its all gone and I top off my pond with tape water and the fish
are fine.
My pond is only about 500Gal, and I've topped off as much as 50% after a
cleanup, 2 years later the fish are still going strong.

Joel.
Toronto, Canada