Old 03-09-2005, 02:10 AM
Lori

Here in Alaska, we are plagued by an insidious creature called a
"Spruce Beetle". I know they have made their way to Washington state,
wonder if they made it to Texas as well? If so, look out, and dont
invest any time or energy into landscaping with evergreens! From your
description, it sure sounds like the spruce beetle attack we have here!

Lori
BJ in Texas wrote:
Chris wrote:
|| Has anyone noticed that the fir trees are dying in Austin?
|| Forgive me if I'm wrong on the type of tree (evergreen, pine
|| needles, look "furry" from a distance).
|| What gives with that? They start on a small portion by
|| turning brown. Soon it spreads to engulf the entire tree
|| until it's completely brown and wilted. It's very sad to see
|| such nice, big trees die.
|| Chris

I have notices loosing a lot of Cedar trees on our country
property the last several years.

BJ
--
"Live as though there is no tomorrow, Love as though you have
never been hurt, Dance as if no one is looking..." - Satchel