Old 02-09-2005, 10:19 PM
John

I was going to donate until I heard that they a

1) Looting
2) Raping each other
3) Slitting each others throats
4) Shoooting at police and emergency assistance personnel
5) Robbing jewelry and other valuables from the dead

Now I can't even watch TV because of the anarchy/chaos/barbarism, etc. by
those affected. I know that desperate times cause for desperate measures,
but gangs raping children, and people looting big screen TV's, jewelry and
guns makes me sick, and quickly squashes any feelings I may have to donate
to this cause.

I have been in some pretty bad situations (I am a 18-year military vet), but
the things those "Americans" are doing to each other makes me wonder what
the world has come to.

I expect them to start eating each other pretty soon.

If it was me, I would take all the wood that's loose, and make a raft and
float and everyone else I can carry back to dry land. And then start
walking. I wouldn't be shooting people or raping or any of the other sick
things that are happening there.

It's just sad.

"chaz" wrote in message
ink.net...
What are YOU doing for the victims of Katrina?

We all need to do our part. I thought posting what WE are doing might
prompt others in doing their par.

chaz

I am giving money to the Red Cross.

I will send clothes if thats a viable thing to do.

I know cash always works.