Old 02-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Derek Broughton

Hal wrote:

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 08:37:44 -0400, Lois wrote:

I also heard that most fish do very well on
their own finding food themselves. So feeding isn't necessary except
maybe a treat now and then.

You were talking about koi in a "liner" pond? A koi, that is a
bottom feeder fish that has teeth in the back of, or behind their
mouth for crushing snail and muscle shells found in a mud bottom
environment.

It ain't so much what folks don't know, but so much of what folks know
ain't right.

One of which would be that koi won't find those things in a liner pond? Mine
always had plenty of little inverts, and the koi always ate them. The fish
probably didn't grow as fast as they would if they were fed a high-quality
food, but they were always healthy. I only ever fed them irregularly.
--
derek