Old 03-09-2005, 08:14 PM
likeregularchic likeregularchic is offline
Registered User

Default Germination

Hello,

I'm about as new to gardening as you can get, and i've been trying to start some seedlings with jiffy pellets but I've noticed today that birds have been coming and ruining them. I've been looking into covered propagation trays like this http://www.twowests.co.uk/TwoWestsSite/product/SGPS.htm but i've also read that some people keep their seeds out covered in the dark until they have sprouted. It which case it probably wouldnt be best to get a tray with a clear cover. So i'm just wondering if anyone could give advice on whether it's best to keep them in the dark or in the light?
Also, is it generally better to keep them indoors until they have sprouted too? I've read a few mixed reports on these things.

Thanks for any help.