Old 03-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Warren

Carolyn LeCrone wrote:
If you run string from diagonal corners, the place where they cross might
be a good place for the center. Then measure to the closest side. That
would be the radius of the circle.

That won't work. The circle needs to stay completely within the edges, but
needs to touch the south edge (the narrow side of the irregularly shaped
area), and won't touch the north edge (the wider side of the area). Your
method would only allow me to center a circle in the area.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Have an outdoor project? Get a Black & Decker power tool::
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/