Old 03-09-2005, 05:35 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On 2 Sep 2005 09:22:34 -0700, wrote:

I didn't realize the evaporation amount is so high. I have two barrels
one pouring into another, around 40 gallons. From the sun and drops
that splashed out, I have to top about 2 gallons a day.

I plan to replenish water via my drip system for the plants. It will
be tap water but it will drip out to replenish the water. Will it be
OK? I think we have chlorinmine. I only plan to use it during 10-14
day vacations.

Start using the drip system now when you can watch the effects. The
bacteria in your little pond will grow enough to handle that inflow extra
of ammonia, imo. Of course the closer the pH is to 7.0 the less problem
ammonia will be to the fish, but I don't recommend you go messing with the
pH. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~