Old 03-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Totty

Chris Hogg wrote:
I have two palms in the wrong place that need to be moved. One is a
Phoenix canariensis, grown from seed brought home from Tenerife by my
SIL about five years ago, and the other is a bought Chamaerops
humilis. They are 2-3ft high. Do they tolerate the root disturbance of
being moved, and if so, when is the best time to do it?

My local council recently moved four hulking great 30 foot palms from
one of the small plazas into the centre of a new roundabout. They took
very little rootball. When I queried this with a bystander, he told me
that as long as they were moved when it was hot, and were then given
ample water, they would settle quickly. I don't know if this is any
help to you though!
--
Jo
Alicante