Old 04-09-2005, 02:27 AM
hawksight hawksight is offline
Registered User

Location: oldham lancs
Post Nitrites

My amonia levels don't even register, but my nitrites are at 0.8mg/litre. When recommended level is 0 to 0.5. and my nitrate is between 20 and 40 mg /l the ph level is at 7.5

The pond is 3 weeks old and has sufficient plant life.

Have been putting in baterial treatments to ensure the waste products are converted. do i need to give these treatments more time to work ?

Why is my amonia none existant but I have high nitrite? Can someone explain the amonia to nitrite to natrate conversion process within a pond in a way I can uderstand it (the books don't help) so I can get the correct balance within my pond

Thanks