Old 03-09-2005, 11:31 PM
BetsyB

"likeregularchic" wrote in
message ...

Hello,

I'm about as new to gardening as you can get, and i've been trying to
start some seedlings with jiffy pellets but I've noticed today that
birds have been coming and ruining them. I've been looking into covered
propagation trays like this http://tinyurl.com/bpqvt but i've also read
that some people keep their seeds out covered in the dark until they
have sprouted. It which case it probably wouldnt be best to get a tray
with a clear cover. So i'm just wondering if anyone could give advice
on whether it's best to keep them in the dark or in the light?
Also, is it generally better to keep them indoors until they have
sprouted too? I've read a few mixed reports on these things.

Thanks for any help.

--
likeregularchic

Why not use an empty egg carton, fill with loose soil plant and cover with
plastic wrap. when they begin to sprout, open one corner of the plastic
wrap, increasing the opening every day. When you have 4 leaves move the
whole thing outside for a few days then plant.

BetsyB