Old 04-09-2005, 02:45 AM
Warren

David Ross wrote:
In the meantime, the Los Angeles Times today reported that the Army
Corps of Engineers repeatedly asked for more funds to renovate and
strengthen the levies around New Orleans. But President Bush and
Congress repeatedly cut the funding to half or less than what the
Army requested.

That, combined with the unusually slow response from the Federal government,
raises a question as to whether the administration has some reason for not
wanting New Orleans to exist. Either that, or the administration is headed
by an complete idiot.

Meanwhile, while the government isn't responding appropriately (and was
quite culpable in the problems being as bad as they are), he wants the
private sector to pick-up as much of the tab as they can. I wonder how well
that'll work? Will the folks who benefited the most from the tax cuts be
contributing proportionally the same as the working-class folks are
contributing? There are poor folks emptying their savings accounts to help.
Which of the folks who benefited the most from the tax cuts that made this
disaster so much worse will be doing the same?

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Have an outdoor project? Get a Black & Decker power tool::
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/