Old 04-09-2005, 01:22 AM
?

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 23:13:10 GMT in a6qSe.2653$Di4.2137@trnddc07 Gene Schurg wrote:
I've won the war of the bugs ...at least two of the three.

Using Enstar and Malathion I've managed to eliminate hard scale and mealie
bugs. It's been six months and I haven't seen either.

I'm still seeing breakouts of soft scale. It starts as little white patches
(like tiny grains of rice) and in a couple of days I see the scale. It's
mostly on the cattleyas and a few Oncids.

I spray and clean but can't seem to erradicate them for good. Any
suggestions?

Do you have any idea where the soft scale beasties have been
hatching from?
Have you considered using an anti-feedant like neem?
Are you willing to try CO2 on a couple and let us know the results
(Because if the eggs are in the media, in theory the CO2 should kill them
as well)?

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil