Old 04-09-2005, 06:55 AM
Kira Dirlik

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:14:42 GMT, wrote:
I thought colorado potato beetle at first but it has too many stripes.
The other thing I found was the striped cucumber beetle that has
stripes, but I saw on dots.

Try googling those two.

No, not the potato beetle. This guy is much rounder, and is not red.
He is beige. And the 3 stripes are very subtle. Maybe it is not a
beetle, because there seems to be no division down the back. It is a
solid shell. And it is squishy and kind of moist. The babies and
teens (which eat in clumps of 3 or 4) are actually wet when one
fingers them off onto the ground to stomp them. As I said, I sure
have never seen anything like them before.
(I have them under control... easy to see and remove) but I am just
curious to have a name for them. Thanks.
Kira