Old 04-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Gene Schurg

Ray,

How long is Enstar viable after you open the bottle? I've had the current
bottle about a year. I keep it tightly sealed and in the basement (cool and
dark).

I know when it is mixed it only lasts a day or two, but unmixed?

Gene

"Ray" wrote in message
Gene,

Either you've got an outside source that is reinfesting your collection,

or
you simply didn't get 'em all the first time.

I have found Enstar II to be one of the most reliable eradicants of
boisduval scale.

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
I've won the war of the bugs ...at least two of the three.

Using Enstar and Malathion I've managed to eliminate hard scale and

mealie
bugs. It's been six months and I haven't seen either.

I'm still seeing breakouts of soft scale. It starts as little white
patches
(like tiny grains of rice) and in a couple of days I see the scale.

It's
mostly on the cattleyas and a few Oncids.

I spray and clean but can't seem to erradicate them for good. Any
suggestions?

Good Growing,
Gene