Old 04-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Flower Bobdew

Dave Poole writes

It seems as though there are 2 sets of silly games being played. The
'flood' is obviously the result of pathetically infantile
schoolchildren and relatively easily dealt with.

Hi, new poster here. [Or new urger. See, I've even read the newcomers
FAQ thingy. That must be worth bonus points, if nothing else! ] Been
lurking for a couple of weeks, slowly absorbing nutrients, uh, before
sending out my first, ahem, bloom.

To be honest, I almost dumped this group once this attack started. I've
used Usenet for quite a few years and have never seen anything quite so
persistently annoying and irritating as that desperate tirade. But I
battened down the hatches [for the duration, killing anything over 50
lines], and I'm now hoping to pick up some good tips here. However, I
was taken by your...

relatively easily dealt with.

....comment, Dave. As it sounds like an episode that might occasionally
be repeated in here, so was I missing something in the headers? Only, I
didn't see anything obvious to apply a rule on - aside from the somewhat
drastic pruning that a 50+ line cut-off made.

While I'm here then...

Fairly new to gardening. Long story short... My 'sporting life' was cut
somewhat dramatically short, and after a good few years of hoping
against hope and generally floundering in my spare time, I suddenly
caught myself watching Gardeners World and... GULP!... Enjoying it!!

So, here I am, about 2 years [or growing seasons] down the line and full
of enthusiasm. I'm hoping that some of you good folk might help with
some of my mistakes and, who knows, I might even have the confidence to
share advice with some of things that have seemingly gone right. Umm,
always assuming I know why they've gone right, of course!

--
Flower Bobdew
South Facing Garden