Old 04-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Hal

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:49:08 -0300, Derek Broughton
wrote:

It ain't so much what folks don't know, but so much of what folks know
ain't right.

One of which would be that koi won't find those things in a liner pond? Mine
always had plenty of little inverts, and the koi always ate them. The fish
probably didn't grow as fast as they would if they were fed a high-quality
food, but they were always healthy. I only ever fed them irregularly.

I tend to think other folks have a pond like mine with more fish than
such a small ecosystem could naturally support. I've seen people
keep fish from growing and wouldn't want to raise them in that manner.
I try to not get sticky over the fish's feelings, just don't think I
want to keep them or anything else without feeding them.

Regards,

Hal