Old 04-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Sacha

On 4/9/05 12:01, in article , "Flower
Bobdew" wrote:

snip While I'm here then...

Fairly new to gardening. Long story short... My 'sporting life' was cut
somewhat dramatically short, and after a good few years of hoping
against hope and generally floundering in my spare time, I suddenly
caught myself watching Gardeners World and... GULP!... Enjoying it!!

So, here I am, about 2 years [or growing seasons] down the line and full
of enthusiasm. I'm hoping that some of you good folk might help with
some of my mistakes and, who knows, I might even have the confidence to
share advice with some of things that have seemingly gone right. Umm,
always assuming I know why they've gone right, of course!

Sorry to hear about whatever it is that curtailed the sport but you've found
yourself a wonderful new interest. The people here are mostly very friendly
and the pooled knowledge is fantastic. Dave and I live in South Devon
(Torquay and nr Totnes, respectively) and others live in Bristol and also in
Devon. Ask away and don't forget the archives in Google carry a lot of good
info, too. Welcome to urg!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk