Old 04-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Duncan Lyall

Hi

Thanks for all the advice ...

So Tomato blight it is then.

I have used the same cultural practices for years without suffering
this, the only thing I've done differently this year is grow Potatos
and they have shown no sign of blight.

Guess it will have to be beans, onions and courgettes next year then.

Thanks again

Duncan

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 11:01:52 +0000 (UTC), Duncan Lyall
wrote:

Hi

I have been growing tomatos outside in the soil in my garden 20 miles
north of London in the UK for a number of years now.

I never grow them in the same place two years running although my
favorite bed, the one I used this year, hosts a crop every two years.

The bed faces West and is backed by a larch lap fence.

I fed at planting with pelleted chicken manure and then regularly with
Miracle Grow (last years batch).

This year, for the first time I grew potatos in the bed next door,
they have performed well and have shown no sign of blight (as far as I
can tell).

This year I have had an almost total crop failure.

Pictures here http://80.71.2.34:8815/tomatos/index.html show the
current state of the crop.

I will miss my home grown tomato soup this winter.

Can anyone tell me what has gone wrong ?

Many thanks

Duncan :-(