Old 04-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Bill Ewing

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 22:43:08 +1200, (Snoopy) te**yson@caverock.*et.*z (*is n)
wrote:

I'm talking about the stuff with the dark green leaf and the wide
white stem. Occasionally I've seen Red Silverbeet in the shops, the
same stuff but with a red stem.

Now I've managed to grow some Red Silverbeet myself. The problem is I
never planted it (all my silver beet is self seedled from last
season's crop) and I have never bought any (so it could not have got
into my garden via any self made compost). My question is, how did I
manage to grow it? Or is 'Red' not a different species? Could
there be something in the soil that has turned the silverbeet stalks
red?

TIA

SNOOPY

Better be careful or Redbaiter will label you a Commie.
Birds bring it. They pick up the seed 2 doors among then
poop in your garden.