Old 05-09-2005, 04:52 AM
Newsgroup

I suggest you use a sod cutter and lay down some good soil, rather than use
Round Up. If you stray it, you'll need to wait till Spring to seed it.

"W.D." wdanis at NO SPAM dot yahoo dot com wrote in message
My front lawn is 90% crabgrass and I'd like to start a new lawn this Fall
with either a heat resistant fescue or a heartier variety like Bermuda or
St. Aug (I live in Atlanta & get almost full sun). Two questions:

1. should I just use Round-up to kill everything off first or is a
weed-killer a better choice?
2. Can either Bermuda or St. Augustine be started from seed and what are
the pros/cons of these varieties?

Thanks,

W.D.