Old 05-09-2005, 09:51 AM
Dave@aquaflora

Default water conditioners do not add phospates & nitrates?

I have been recently using Aquarium Pharmacuticals "Stress coat" water
conditioner with weekly water changes. There has been an increase of
noticable algae in the aquarium not seen before. I have heard that some of
these conditioners while neutralizing chlorine and chloramine also affect
the water chemistry by adding phosphates and nitrates as a bi-product? If
so, doing PMDD already, I might be over-fertilizing.

Does anyone know if Aquarium Pharmacuticals conditioners do this?

Anyone's ideas?

Thanks
Dave.