Old 05-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

From Nick's comments it's obvious I'm a little old fashioned in my knowledge
of this disease so it looks like you could grow in the same place next year.
(I wouldn't recommend it if we were talking spuds with blight as I've never
ever managed to find all the spud whilst digging them up.)

Yes, a bit of rotation is a good idea. But I really do mean that
90% of the problem with blight is the weather. I lost a lot of
potatoes to blight one year, had a lot of wildings and lost almost
none the next year. Yes, they were slightly more resistant varieties
(King Edward rather than Pink Fir Apple), and weren't precisely on
the same soil (i.e. 2x away).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.