Old 05-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Scotia Scotia is offline
Registered User

Location: Huddersfield
Default Just thought.........

I would introduce myself;

I found this site when I was doing a bit of browsing.

Got the feeling (might be wrong) that it is a relatively new forum and from what I have seen to date it quite interests me............I never tire talking about gardening so in this context I think I might be quite happy in here.

I have gardened as a hobby for over thirty year, I suppose I would say I am 'self taught'.

I have no particular 'favourite' areas of gardening. Over the years I have grown flowers and veg, with a bit of exhibiting thrown in.

I am now finding (since I retired) I am getting a bit of pleasure of growing stuff from seed, i.e. the sort of stuff that is termed 'difficult' or 'exotic'.

I took up computing after I retired ( managed to avoid them during my working life) so I have put all my gardening experience on a website.

For those that might be interested it can be found at; http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk

Well I think that enough of an introduction, so hopefully it is now just a case of getting to know you all.