Old 05-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Scotia Scotia is offline
Registered User

Location: Huddersfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fizzion

The problem is that they are all concentrated near the top of the
trellis. What could I do next year to make them flower lower down?
Will cutting off the growing shoots make them branch out and flower
lower?

Is there a good plant that I could combine with morning glory to
complement the display?

TIA

Mr F.
My guess it is a 'light thing' or should I say lack of it.

I have had the same problem in the past and relocation is the best answer.

Having said that I have had some success growing them through Clematis, Honeysuckle(Lonicera) and Ivy (Hedera)

I hope this info' helps you in future.