View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Old 05-09-2005, 08:32 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Sep 2005
Default Good, natural, organic soil? Testing?

Hello,

I just joined this site because of a lot of research I've done in nutrient deficiencies among the 'civilized' areas of the world. What I've found out, is that the majority of the foods that are grown today are severely deficient in what a normal healthy human needs. The main reason behind this is the type of soil being used to grow foods.
Artificial things mostly. The soil is able to grow things BIG and FAST, but they are lacking the vitamins and minerals we need, because this soil isn't as good for our food as natural soil is.
The so-called 3rd world countries use no fertlizers that aren't 100% natural, and no extra additives to the soil that could be absorbed by the food. These cultures have better overall health, don't have the same types of diseases that we get, and are thinner, with lower blood pressure, and live longer. They're thinking this is something as simple as vitamin/mineral deficiency in the soil that our Farmers use to grow the food we typically buy at the Supermarkets.
So, what I'm asking you all is where can I look for good natural soil to grow food in? If testing, what should I be looking for in these tests? I'm wanting to start to grow hopefully the majority of the food I eat one day. I live in New Mexico, so good soil is probably hard to come by.

Any suggestions?