Old 05-09-2005, 04:07 PM
jadel

Can anyone tell me whether liquid pyriproxyfen, an Insect Growth
Regulator, is safe for orchids? I will need to treat my orchids soon
before I bring them in for the winter. I want to eliminate any scale or
other nasties which might be lurking. I have a bottle of Archer IGR
(pyriproxyfen). Supposedly a micro-encapsulated form of pyriproxyfen
can be used on orchids, but I have not been able to find anything about
the liquid form.

I don't want to have to shell out $100 for Enstar II, especially not
after buying the Archer for $57. (It was to control fleas in the
yard--lots of stray cats around here.)

J. Del Col