Old 24-12-2002, 05:39 PM
Mike

Default O.T. - White Feathers In Garden

From early this year early in the morning about twice a week i have been
finding white downy feathers on one my lawns (it can vary which
one)which i pick up and discard.

I don't find any evidence of dead birds or animals but these feathers
are gradually getting closer to my home !

I found a large dead (grey) rat at the end of my garden about a year ago
but unsure whether it had been bitten or poisoned. I also saw one in my
neighbours garden whilst they were on holiday a few months back.

There is no livestock in the area (or anywhere) that I am aware of but
my neighbour does have a shed standing on a layer of bricks near a large
compost heap. I understand these are ideal conditions for rats.

But my question isn't about the rats themselves rather what these white
feathers could belong too. Any ideas ?

Mike.