Old 05-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Neil Woodman

Default T5 light canopy vs Metal Halide pendant

Hi,

Has anyone used a T5 overhead pendant light and how does it compare to a
metal halide system for similar? The metal halide system I am looking at
would be using 2 150w MH bulbs in separate units, the T5 unit I would
use would have 4 tubes in it.

I use interpet daylight plus T5s on my smaller planted tank at the
moment and really love the colour they give off, its a crisp white
colour which is brilliant. But I've seen large planted tank tropica sale
aquariums in aquatics shops, the one I'm thinking of uses 3 150w MH
bulbs and it looks incredible, I'm wondering if you can get that
shimmering effect from t5 lights? What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Neil