Old 06-09-2005, 08:00 AM
jeff

Default Won't Start/ Craftsman Garden Tractor/23 hp Kohler V-twin engine

Hi,

I have a 3 year old Craftsman garden tractor which will not start. It has a
Kohler 23 HP V-twin engine. I replaced the starter and the solenoid
assembly.

When I turn the ignition key, the starter spins but will not start the
engine. How can I prime the engine at the pulse fuel pump to start the
engine?

Would the fuel pump be bad at 3 years? Or should I test the ignition unit?
How can i test it?. Is it common for the ignition unit to fail on a garden
tractor?

The battery, spark plugs, fuel and air filters are all new.

Would appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks,

Jeff Mattison