Old 06-09-2005, 04:55 AM
LJ

I add kelp meal and rock dust to my garden along with plenty of compost and
an organic fertilizer mix. Try these links:

http://www.remineralize.org/
http://www.westsidegardener.com/howto/fertilizer.html
(I use his formula with the addition of 1 part glacial rock dust.)
http://www.biodynamics.com/steiner.html

Good Luck,
LJ

"BRD" wrote in message

Hello,

I just joined this site because of a lot of research I've done in
nutrient deficiencies among the 'civilized' areas of the world. What
I've found out, is that the majority of the foods that are grown today
are severely deficient in what a normal healthy human needs. The main
reason behind this is the type of soil being used to grow foods.
Artificial things mostly. The soil is able to grow things BIG and
FAST, but they are lacking the vitamins and minerals we need, because
this soil isn't as good for our food as natural soil is.
The so-called 3rd world countries use no fertlizers that aren't 100%
natural, and no extra additives to the soil that could be absorbed by
the food. These cultures have better overall health, don't have the
same types of diseases that we get, and are thinner, with lower blood
pressure, and live longer. They're thinking this is something as simple
as vitamin/mineral deficiency in the soil that our Farmers use to grow
the food we typically buy at the Supermarkets.
So, what I'm asking you all is where can I look for good natural soil
to grow food in? If testing, what should I be looking for in these
tests? I'm wanting to start to grow hopefully the majority of the food
I eat one day. I live in New Mexico, so good soil is probably hard to
come by.

Any suggestions?

--
BRD