Old 25-12-2002, 09:35 AM
MG

Default Trug Dependancy: Update

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:25:35 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Alan Gould wrote in
news
Subject: Trug Dependancy: Update
From: Alan Gould
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening

In article , DaveDay34
writes
I'm sorry to have to broadcast my ignorance to so many, but what is
'trug'?

A trug is a wicker basket for carrying fruit.

... and secateurs, spare gardening gloves, and bedding plants.

And keeping BEER from rolling into the Mighty Bonfire.

And transporting small weeds from the greenhouse, and storing twine and
garden wire, and nested flowerpots.

And transporting just enough potatoes for lunch, and mint, and rosemary.

And for the cat to sit in when he thinks I'm not looking.

and I put my excess apples for the birds to come and eat in my plastic
Trug. They love the idea the apples can be given a good peck and not
roll all over the place!

MG