Old 06-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Eyebright Eyebright is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy

By the way, as far as I can see, if the insects had a vote, they'd go for
Goldenrod - mine are like Insectopolis
at the moment, but they don't flower long enough IMO.

Any comments/additions?

Andy.
goldenrod is one of those perennials which if some stems are shortened in late spring/ early summer can have its flowering season extended the shortened stems flowering later than those un-touched....there was big publicity thing about this when some american gardening goddess brought out a book earlier this year detailing her experiments and what worked and what did nt....she did nt invent the process though...a few years ago my nephew threw his frisbee around a border in early summer with interesting subsequent results.