Old 06-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Craig Cowing

On Sep 6, 2005, at 7:04 AM, Marty Haber wrote:

This has to be to driest summer I've ever seen. No rain since early
July. Seems to have had one benefit, tho.
The insect and fungi population is down. It's too dry, even for them!
How are the conditions elsewhere?
Marty H.

We had a little over two weeks in late July/early August with no rain.
There was rain periodically, but not a lot. Right now we've been almost
a week with no rain, since we had the leftovers from Katrina. Not much
though.

The dryness hasn't been the only problem for us. During July with the
temperature in the 90's every day I had a very difficult time keeping
up with watering. I was watering twice a day and we still lost several
trees. We have a well here, so that helped. The well has not gone dry.

Fortunately with the fall progressing it's easier to keep up with
watering. I'm no longer watering twice a day.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++