Old 06-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Diane

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
news
"Diane" wrote in message
Garage is fine. I have several shrub (not minis) in
pots and when it gets really cold (not often here)
I just move them into the garage.

Minis are very hardy and shouldn't need a lot of
special care. It's helpful to water occasionally so
soil doesn't dry out, but I wouldn't feed any more.
Wait until they start growing again in the spring.

I wouldn't cut them back. They'll probably go
dormant and you can do some trimming then, or
wait until spring. Minis can literally be trimmed
with a hedge trimmer although I tend to use the
fussy method of trimming individual canes.

I think the advice is to repot every three years, not
so much for size (minis stay small, after all) but
because of the dissolved minerals that tend to
collect in the soil. You might do a web search
to see about that.

Good luck.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8