Old 06-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Jim Lewis

Mark Hill - President, EESiFlo Inc. wrote:
Strangely enough, this appears to be a good year for
Praying Mantis around Central PA. In previous years, I'd
be lucky to see one all summer. I've seen a dozen this
month alone, including one I saw this morning while
watering my trees.

Mark Hill - Harrisburg, PA (Zone 6)

Which means, of course, that it's also a good year for
pests. Praying mantises don't hang around unless there's food.

Around here, it is caterpillars; the biggest caterpillar
years I can remember. I have a VERY fat golden orb spider
in a web between my house and a Japanese maple in my yard. :-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - People,
when Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of
nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you (that) the
berries are just about all gone. -- Uncle Dave Macon, musician

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++