Old 06-09-2005, 11:42 PM
BetsyB

"Rick" wrote in message
I have a small (my first) 2 ft. high pink Hibiscus on my deck this Summer.
It was going great until about 3 weeks ago, when I noticed that the blooms
are wilted around the outside edge about 1/8 inch. I water it regularly,
the
pot has drainage, although, in NJ this Summer, it has been really hot. I
was
hoping it would improve when the weather turned cooler, but I still get
this
edge wilt going on.
Any ideas what could be wrong?
Rick

Hi Rick, the flowers don't last forever. They will all evenually wilt some
and then die. in a week or so look for a pod growing out of the center of
the wilted flower. It's fat and holds seeds for next years plants. Maybe
they might last a tad longer if they are planted in dirt not a pot? I have
only grown them in soil, never in a pot. Try starting the seeds next spring?
We had a super cold winter several years ago in NJ and mine died totally and
never came back. I switched to butterfly bushes.

BetsyB