Old 06-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Sacha

On 6/9/05 20:36, in article , "Flower
Bobdew" wrote:

Sacha writes

snip of good and lengthy description

which way it faces

Favourite pot plants: 4 Acers [love 'em! ], Pennisetum alpoecuroides
'Hameln', Robinia pseudoacacia 'Lacy Lady' [looks great in leaf and even
better without, with its twisted stems], and something I was told might
be temperamental but has looked wonderful this summer; Myrtus tarantina
grown as a mini standard.

That'll do, for now... Have you nodded off yet? I told I was keen! : P

Strikes me that you're not that much of a newbie after that litany!

whether you want to grow veg

Don't really have the room or inclination. [Although, having seen them
on Gardeners' World, I'm tempted to try potatoes in bags next year.]

We do tomatoes that way every year, inside one of our glass houses. It's
well worth it and we enjoy them enormously.

have a pond

No. However, I'm possibly leaning toward a water feature of some sort.

I'm biased because my answer to every gardening problem is 'dig a pond'.
But I do think that water makes an enormous difference to a garden and
somehow it *always* draws people towards it.

attract wildlife

Being just off the Frome Valley we're quite lucky in the bird
department. I didn't think there were too many birds in the area until I
put up some feeders. Wow! And we've even had a family of Wood Mice
raised in one of our pots. Not all good news, though... Two cats moved
in next door a couple of months ago; bird numbers are definitely down
and *all* the Wood Mice have been despatched. I actually found the two
adults on our lawn on consecutive mornings a couple of weeks ago. Not
happy. : 7

Keep feeding the birds - they'll repay you by eating insects you don't want
in the garden and if you put in a pond and get some toadspawn for it next
year, your frogs and toads will (after some time) start to eat ground-based
nasties, too.

etc. etc.

Oh, enough already!

BTW... Visited your web site Sacha. Stunning. Do you live on site?

Yes. This is home. It takes my husband and stepson about 5 seconds to get
to work each morning! The site was designed by David Poole and then
refreshed by a past member of this group (greatly missed but too busy right
now) called Cormaic, when Dave was too busy!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk