Old 07-09-2005, 09:23 AM
newsb

In article , H Ryder
writes
I think that I need to have a bonfire (3 compost bins currently buried under
huge pile of "woody stuff") but am not sure how to go about it. In
particular - how far from teh house/hedges etc does it need to be? Can I do
it on grass (i.e. will it regrow?) and what will burn - i.e. do I need to
leave all the stuff to dry out first? TIA,
Hayley

And just to add to the other responses - I think there is (or should be)
an unwritten law that implies that you:
shouldn't start a fire until after 19.00 in the summer if you have
neighbours - you might get away with 18.00 in the autumn/winter;
tell the neighbours in order to ensure they aren't leaving washing
out/entertaining in the garden.

--
regards andyw