Old 07-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Chris Bacon

Kay wrote:
H Ryder writes
I think that I need to have a bonfire (3 compost bins currently buried under
huge pile of "woody stuff") but am not sure how to go about it. In
particular - how far from teh house/hedges etc does it need to be?

If you are in a smoke-free zone, then you should not have a bonfire at
all.

Hi Kay, fortunately a "smoke control zone" only prohibits
the burning of certain fuels on domestic appliances, e.g.
no bituminous (household) coal (although anthracite is OK).
Being in a smoke control zone does not prohibit bonfires.