Old 07-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 9/7/2005 1:47:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Anyone here tried to grow a trident maple in zone 10? I'm In South
Florida/Bahamas and there are soo many Bonsai plants that I would like
to grow that supposedly do not grow in my region. I mean of course
there are trees that grow only in cold regions...but can I bend the
rules and get something to grow in my region that's not exactly suppose
to?

They will suffer, decline and die. I have had some Maples in pots for 20
years. They have never been happy and they will never make decent bonsai.
There are soo many trees we can grow well, why frustrate yourself and the
trees.
"Don't try to teach a pig to sing. It will only frustrate you and make the
pig mad."
I am about 50 miles north of the Zone 9 - 10 border.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++