Old 27-12-2002, 04:48 AM
Dwayne

Default Unhappy Banana Plant

Hello. My wife says to get a plant light and shine it on the trees. She
also takes a water bottle and "mists" them every day. You dont want to over
water them. If the soil is damp a finger length down, leave it alone.

You might also take a long sharp knife and cut the small shoots off and
transplant them into a separate pot of their own. You might feed them all
with a balanced fertilizer also. She does it about every 6 months.

Good luck. Dwayne

"Tim (BBC)" wrote in message
I have a small Banana Plant (indoor). Over the summer it was very healthy,
new shoots, leaves and a thick stem, however, some small shoots have

opened
in the soil at the bottom of the plant. Now it's winter and the once

healthy
thick stem (trunk) has got very thin. Does anyone know what I need to do

get it healthy again? Or is this something that happens in the winter?

Any help would be great!

Best Regards

Tim