Old 08-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Andy

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 23:15:07 +0100, "Andy"
wrote:

Impatiens (various) : zero maintenance, flowers July to frosts, can take a
bit of shade.

Mine take quite a lot of shade, and seem to have denser flowers than
those in bright sunlight.

Convolvulus Sabatius ( Mauritian Convolvulus ) : trailing powder-blue
convolvulus flowers all summer
into autumn. Zero maintenance.

Do you grow these from seed? Who sells seed (preferably on the web)?

No, bought them at the local garden centre. I am in Devon, and since they
are planted in a raised bed near a south facing wall they are perennials. My
plants are now three years old. Same with Brachycomes, they also act as
perennials. The one thing I failed to coax through winter was Marguerites
(Argyranthemums ), they just didn't like even a hint of frost, and they were
too
big to cover.

Andy.