Old 08-09-2005, 08:30 AM

No I didn't know it. In fact, I know almost nothing about botanics, I
am a space writer (amateur, my real profession is aeronautical
engineering) and I feel a little lost in this matter. Your link seems
very interesting, I'll try out, thank you very much.
Yes, I have read about the problems you quote. But as far as I know,
most of them have been avoided with the use of better technology
(better greenhouses). Already in Salyut 7 (about 1982, I think),
russians achieved a complete cycle with arabidopsis, from seed to seed
again, with a new plant grown from those space seeds. 14 years later,
in Mir, americans almost repeated the success, although with ethylene
problems (the final seeds were sterile). I suppose than later on ISS
the experiments will have improved. That is what I would like to know,
where we are today in this research.
Dr. Nechitailo (russian) was the leading researcher in this matter some
decades ago, it would be good to contact her, but I haven't found how
to do it.
Thanks again por your information, I'll check it out.

Regards,

Javier Casado
Madrid, Spain
http://es.geocities.com/fjcasadop