Old 08-09-2005, 09:06 AM
presley

Interesting that the following article says NOTHING about the Orleans Levee
board:
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1001051313

I'm trying to research just what the Orleans Levee Board is, and what its
responsibilities are, but the best I can ascertain is that the Corps of Army
Engineers was supposed to be in charge of the actually construction of the
Levees - possibly the Levee Board oversaw improvements in the vicinity of
the Levee.
Without further information, I will have to regard the GOP article as a
smokescreen to avoid owning up to its responsibility for at least part of
the disaster.