Old 08-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Gideon

Screw the rich. It's really about time that we just gather
everybody's accumulated wealth plus their income and
divide it equally. We deserve a better system of wealth
distribution. That's why so many Americans are eager
to immigrate to Cuba.

================

B & J wrote in message ...
wrote in message
oups.com...
With all the help the United Nations is kicking in any meager amount I
could give is too small to make a difference, guess I'm tapped out
after donating to the tsunami relief fund. Not being cynical just tired
of being the redheaded stepchild.

Donations to Katrina leave me with a nothing feeling. I regularly donate to
many good causes, but this is a disaster that the government should cover
totally. Why should ordinary people with very ordinary incomes donate to
Katrina victims when the government can afford to spend a billion dollars a
day in Iraq.

If you have been keeping up with the news, you should be aware that Senate
Majority leader Bill Frist of Tennessee (Yes, he's the same doctor who
declared the Florida woman not brain dead without actually examining her.)
introduced a bill today that abolishes all inheritance taxes (a.k.a.death
taxes in Republican speak). What people do not realize is that it affect
less than 5% of the population and really affect .5% of the mega wealthy. It
sounds as if Frist is sneaking this bill in while no one is paying
attention. Ordinary people should never jump on this double speak wagon that
only makes the rich richer.

If the government can afford these kind of expenditures along with the tax
cuts for the rich, it sure as hell can afford taking care of its own
citizens in this time of desperate need. It's also time the Republicans had
their feet put in the fire.

Yes, I'm a cynic also.

JPS