Old 08-09-2005, 09:59 AM
paghat

In article , "Gideon"
wrote:

Tom Jaszewski wrote
imagine that....

President Bush and Republican leaders are trying to shift blame for
the poor rescue and relief effort to the victims of Hurricane Katrina
including state and local officials. Don't let them get away with
that.

==============

Heaven forbid that a Democrat mayor, Democrat parish president,
and a Democrat governor should be held responsible for failing
to do their jobs. Please cite the text from the FEMA charter with
the guarantee that FEMA will respond in less than 72 hours. Local
government has the responsibility of being the first responder.
The feds should be coming in to handle that which the locals
can't handle - not what the locals have totally ****ed up.

If the local Democrat morons had done their jobs correctly, then
the horrific tasks facing the feds would have been tremendously
mitigated. Of course, that is heresy to the liberal entitlement
mentality. Blame Washington when your plight is your fault for
being too stupid to evacuate, and your fault for voting for stupid
local officials. Local officials who live in Hurricane Alley but are
too stupid to develop and implement contingency plans which
could have been done by many 9th graders.

The ultimate blame rests upon the shoulders of those who were,
sadly, too dumb to exit before the storm hit. I'd guess that at
most about 5,000 people had a very legitimate reason for staying.

Smart people were taking steps to exit on Friday, August 26.
The very smart were already in action on Thursday. I grew up
pretty poor, but I know that if necessary, my parents would have
gone out that Friday and pawned their wedding rings, TV set,
household appliances, and anything else of value to get us
and our grandparents on a bus and out of town. Then we would
probably have stayed in the bus terminal one or two parishes
away, waiting for terminal officials to help us link up with a
refugee site.

And having done everything you were supposed to & showing up at the right
spot with thousands of other people discovering there were no buses out of
town, you'd be sitting for five days with no clean water, no food, & you
would've had to smell the stench of your grandparents' dead bodies rotting
in 100 degree weather, hearing every day that FEMA will be there later
that day, or the next day, or a week later -- failing specifically because
of Republican campaign to coopt FEMA to the home front authority & a
Republican president appointing an Arabian Horse club president to pretend
to be running what little remained of FEMA. You can try to blame that on a
Democratic mayor, but he stayed with the city beginning to end, & tried
every day in every way to get the help that was promised from the
president's own mouth even while he was still on vacation. If he's ever
not on vacation.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he