Old 08-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Lois

x-no-archive: yes

"Lois" wrote in message
news:1125664366.9efe71a96e78f94726a5f0be2f16bf2f@ teranews...
I live in northeast Ohio right in the snowbelt where we often get a
couple feet or more of snow. I'm confused as to what to buy for my
pond to protect my fish during the winter. Should I buy an aeration
kit or a de-icer or both? What size should I buy for my 2500 gallon
pond?

Buy whatever it will take to keep a small hole in the ice to allow gases to
escape. I use inexpensive aquarium heaters dangling down from a flat of
floating Styrofoam. I cut a hole in the Styrofoam and poke the heater
through. Cost? About $10 and they last for years.

I think I will buy the Laguna Aeration kit. Anybody familiar with it?
Lois