Old 08-09-2005, 08:26 PM
TIMOTHY RESCINITI

I had this problem in my new townhouse. I suggest Alley Cat Allies and the
Homeless Cat Management Team for help. Also, it's possible that someone is
feeding your strays. The law in my Township is that if you feed it, you own
it. My neighbor was compelled to pay for the removal of the cats since she
insisted on feeding them. We are down to one adult cat and one kitten. I
took matters into my own hands and captured four kittens this summer. They
were given away from our local pool. Deterrent measures other than dogs are
very hit and miss, cats are way smarter than that. I have doubts about
trap-neuter-release. We couldn't even get our feral cat colony into a trap.

A letter I sent to my local governing body:

"October 22, 2004

In Stray Cats

Dear Council Members:

After moving here we quickly noticed that a stray cat was living behind the
building. After several weeks, we found that it is not just one cat.
Apparently, one stray cat had a litter of four kittens some time in the last
year. All five now live in a hole-type den under the patio of the end unit
adjacent to our home.

We had originally planned to lure all five cats into a cage and take them to
the Animal Rescue League. Unfortunately, the cats are well fed and not
particularly attracted to strangers bearing food. Also, the oldest female
is apparently pregnant again.

The only option to eliminate this problem in a timely fashion seems to be
the Township's animal control contractor. For an $80.00 refundable deposit
and $20.00 per week trap rental, the contractor will capture and remove the
animals. A fee of $15.00 per cat is charged for the removal."

Hope this helps!

"Charles" wrote in message
nk.net...
Well my problem is now that our large dog has died, the neighborhood cats
have taken a likening to my yard. Always coming up in it now crapping on
the lawn, digging in my trash, peeing on my alloy rims, sliding down my
hoods, and just generally having fun ****ing me off. Have tried some stuff
from Petstore that claimed they wouldn't go near it, but that didn't work.
They are starting to get out of control now. They used to run when I would
make noises are charge at them. Now I charged at one and it just sat there
looking at me. I nailed his furry a*! with a can and he took off. Animal
control won't do anything but put out trap in my yard and make me sign a
paper saying that I take full responsibility for anything that happens to
the cats. HELP!!!!!