Old 08-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Eric Hunt

Kathy,

Unfortunately, I do not allow commercial use of my photos for orchid sales.
The only exception is if you own the plant pictured in the photo, I allow
commercial use.

This is so I can preserve access to all of the growers that so generously
allow me to photograph their collections. The commercial orchid landscape in
the Bay Area is very competitive and I don't want any grower becoming upset
with me if they see their plant being used to sell plants by a competitor.

I also photograph at publicly owned botanical gardens - most of those have a
strict no-commercial photography rule.

I always allow noncommercial educational use of my photographs if one asks
before they use the photo.

Thanks,

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"K Barrett" wrote in message
The AOS had some nice line drawings you could use in newsletters....

wellll...

I *was* going tosay that the AOS had some nice line drawings on their
homepage for use in newsleters BUT! The idiots went and re-worked their
page and you can't find anything on it. Small wonder no one goes there
anymore.

Guess you're stuck with Ray's photos, Gene, LOL!!

Eric Hunt will probably let you use his photos, too, if you ask.
http://www.orchidphotos.org/

K Barrett

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
I have to put together some signs for the member sales table for our show
next month. I thought I'd beef them up this year and put some pictures
of
the flowers that correspond to the type of orchids. For example, at the

top
of the sign would be Cattleya Alliance and below that some representative
pictures from that group.

I remember somewhere (Yahoo?) where there were a bunch of stock photos of
orchids that anyone could use without violating copywrites. I can't
remember where that was located?

Anyone know this site (or another that has good photos that I can use)?

Thanks,
Gene