Old 08-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Flower Bobdew

Sacha writes

"Flower Bobdew" wrote:

Sacha writes

snip of good and lengthy description

That'll do, for now... Have you nodded off yet? I told I was keen! : P

Strikes me that you're not that much of a newbie after that litany!

I am, honest. [Admittedly it might now look a bit like the proverbial
golfer with the alleged 28 handicap winning a tournament by 10 strokes!
] Mowing the lawn was the extent of my gardening interest [and I
invariably did that under duress!] until a few years ago, but I've only
really caught the gardening bug during the last couple of years. I think
I'm reasonably fortunate to have quite a good eye for design, though,
being a photographer...which means things have taken shape relatively
quickly. [Albeit the vast majority of the design/layout was an arbitrary
unravelling program in my head, as opposed to a clear plan]. Ahem... but
that 'lengthy description' [and plant names] was helped enormously by
all the plant labels being on the table here!

have a pond

No. However, I'm possibly leaning toward a water feature of some sort.

I'm biased because my answer to every gardening problem is 'dig a pond'.
But I do think that water makes an enormous difference to a garden and
somehow it *always* draws people towards it.

It's so true. We have friends who have a pond/water feature, and when
you walk into the garden it draws you in like a magnet.

BTW... Visited your web site Sacha. Stunning. Do you live on site?

Yes. This is home.

Ohhhh, envy envy.

It takes my husband and stepson about 5 seconds to get to work each
morning!

What takes them so long? You will let me know if any job
vacancies for keen assistants come up in the future, eh?

The site was designed by David Poole and then refreshed by a past
member of this group (greatly missed but too busy right now) called
Cormaic, when Dave was too busy!

Congrats to both, then. It's a wonderfully simple site to navigate and
shows off your 'home' perfectly.

--
Flower Bobdew
South Facing Garden